25/05/2009

Coming Back To Life

After weeks spent in a partially paralyzed state, at last I'm coming back to life.

First indicators; an appetite to work efficiently, an itch for organizing things, return to systematic approach shown in response to challenges and much more importantly a healthy sense of intellectual curiosity.

The first thing I did was to pull out the fork that was sticking in the antenna slot of my TV. It has been serving me great deal to cheat myself by bypassing my longstanding "no TV" policy. Did you know that you can receive quite a number of aerial TV channels with just a fork? That is of course if you are not in a country as freaky as Finland where no aerial propagation is available anymore.

Luckily, I have had quite a number of good movies in my DVD rack waiting for me to explore. It's time to wipe off the dust now.

This weekend, I have seen three of them. I will not take a long time to describe what I have thought about each of these movies. Instead, I will just put a couple of lines about and/or from each of the movie to give you the general idea. 



Paris, Texas By Wim Wenders










Really cool movie with a healthy level of poetics in the way it explain things .


"I didn't want to use him to fill my emptiness."


Russian Ark By Alexander Sokurov










Technically very challenging movie that was shot in a single plan. The 96 minutes long shot takes you through the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg and in a very elegant way the Russian history. The movie discusses Russia's and Europe's point of views towards each other.

N= Narrator - seemingly symbolizes contemporary Russia's intellectual inner voice.
E= European guy - symbolizing European point of view.

"N: Lost you. I'm sad. Let's go.
E: Where?
N: Forward.
E: Forward? What will we do there?
N: I don't know.
E: I'm staying here.
N: Farewell Europe. 



"Before Night Falls By Julian Schnabel








"I'm that repulsive child that improvised a bed out of an old cardboard box and waits, certain that you will accompany me."

No comments: